A. LOOKING IN ON SACRED SCENES
1. Christians go to heaven when they die
2. But what do they do?
3. How much do they know of earthís happenings?
4. Here is one thing that brings heaven joy: the salvation of sinners.
B. JOY IN THE PRESENCE OF THE ANGELS OF GOD
1. Not necessarily by the angels . . . but in their presence.
2. Christians who have gone to heaven rejoice over every earthly conversion.
3. The Lord is pleased when people get saved and there is rejoicing!
A. BECAUSE OF THE IMPORTANCE OF THE SOUL
1. "What shall it profit a man if he shall gain the whole world and lose his own soul?" (Mark 8:36)
2. The mad race in this world is to possess things.
3. But title deed to the entire earth would not be enough to compensate for the loss of the soul.
4. How much attention we give to the body!
a. Body-building courses.
b. Dressing up the body, fixing up the body, face lifts, etc.
c. Yet little attention to the soul.
5. The importance of soul-winning.
B. BECAUSE OF THE INCREASE OF HEAVENíS POPULATION.
1. Every soul won is one more that will be in on the joy there.
2. Joy that is shared is multiplied.
3. The indescribable blessings there . . . the beauties...
4. The fellowship there with saints and with the Lord.
C. BECAUSE OF THE INVESTMENT OF THE SAVIOR.
1. This is the reason He came to earth.
Luke 19:10, " For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost."
2. He could have called ten thousand angels . . . but He died alone.
3. All that is involved in His suffering and death for us.
a. His suffering in Gethsemane
b. His trial . . . the scourging . . . the crucifixion.
c. The precious blood of Jesus
1 Peter 1:18-19, " Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:"
4. The purpose of redemption.
D. BECAUSE OF THE REALITY OF HELL.
1. Each one saved is another plucked from the burning.
2. See Luke 16:19-31: the rich man and Lazarus.
3. It is amazing what people will risk for a little money.
4. The trade-off doesnít make sense.
5. Same thing in the area of pleasure for a season.
6. The joy of heaven compared to the awfulness of hell.
a. The forgotten doctrine
b. Need to move to the brink of hell for a glimpse of motivation.
c. Note: Mt. 7:21-23
Matthew 7:21-23, " Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."
A. MAKE HEAVEN GLAD; REACH OUT TO THE LOST EVERY DAY.
B. MAKE HEAVEN GLAD: ACCEPT CHRIST TODAY.
C. JESUS IS STILL SEEKING LOST ONES TODAY