1 Corinthians 1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.
"Preaching" in the Bible is not always the act of standing behind a pulpit and hollering to a congregation. Philip "preached" as he witnessed to the Ethiopian eunuch one on one in the man's vehicle. God has no "Plan B" for reaching the lost! He has ordained that people get saved by hearing the gospel from another believer! There is no other way!
Our lifestyle does NOT save people! Our life should reflect our belief and support our witness, but it will never get people saved without someone VERBALLY presenting the gospel! We must not get sidetracked as a church from our purpose. The mission of Grace Baptist Temple can be simply stated in three words; winning, building, and sending. Our goal is to win people to Christ, build them up in the faith, and send them forth to serve the Lord.
What a blessing to send forth workers to serve whether it is in our community, or around the world! It is also wonderful to have a part in people growing in their faith. But those aspects of our purpose cannot be realized if we don't first win people to Christ! We have stated our purpose, we are aware of our responsibility, but what if we don't win others to Christ?
If We Don't Win Them ...
I. They Will Not Be Saved From Hell
A. Hell is a real place!
1. There are only two eternal places…heaven and hell.
Hebrews 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
2. If we do not win people to Christ, it isn't a question of 'they might go to hell'…it is a certainty that they will go to hell.
3. I know that isn't a pleasant thought for us tonight, but we must realize that we may feel bad for them, but…
B. Their consequences are eternal!
1. There is no other destination for the heathen other than an eternal hell
Matthew 23:33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?
2. There is no other deliverance provided other than God's salvation through Christ.
Ac 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
3. There is no other duty that will save them other than our telling people how to be saved
II. They Will Never Know The Joy Of Salvation.
Ps 51:12 Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.
Proverbs 13:15 Good understanding giveth favour: but the way of transgressors is hard.
A. Life is hard enough as it is…imagine what it would be like without the Lord.
1. Living below in this old sinful world, hardly a comfort can afford; striving alone to face temptations sore…where could I go but to the Lord?
2. Neighbors are kind, I love them every one. We get along in sweet accord; but when my soul needs manna from above…where could I go but to the Lord?
3. Yet there are many who know no other existence…they do not know the joy that comes from a personal relationship with God.
B. Three words describe the joy of salvation.
1. No satisfaction…constantly looking for meaning and purpose…but never finding the answers!
2. No peace…that calm assurance that comes from the Holy Spirit within who comforts and assures us through every difficulty or trial.
3. No hope…the realization that this life is only temporary; and that the Lord has something wonderful for us in the future.
If We Don't Win Them ...
III. We Will Miss Out On God's Greatest Blessing
A. Our Joy Depends on Our Fruitfulness for God.
1. What is fruitfulness?
a. It is the outward expression of the inner nature.
b. Some folks can walk through the forest and identify trees simply by looking at their leaves or their bark, I can't.
c. But, if I can see the fruit of the tree I can usually know what kind of tree it is.
d. The fruit is the outward expression of the inner nature.
e. Oranges, apples, pears, etc. all identify what type of tree that they grow upon.
2. As Christians, we are to bear fruit.
a. That means that the nature of Christ (who dwells within us in the person of the Holy Spirit) should be outwardly expressed.
b. His nature will manifest itself in our lives as we yield to Him, and the result will be seen in others coming to Christ!
c. Fruit is the product of God, not something that you and I can manufacture.
B. Fruitfulness is the purpose of God for our lives.
Joh 15:8 Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.
1. As far as God is concerned, there is no reason for us to live, except to bear fruit.
2. If we are not fruitful, then we are not glorifying God.
3. If we are not glorifying God, we are not going to be filled with His joy!
4. No wonder there are so many sour Christians!
C. God has given us the ministry of reconciliation.
2 Corinthians 5:18-20 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation; 19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation. 20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.
1. This is an expansion of what John wrote in John 20:21
Joh 20:21 Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.
2. God uses people, not a voice from heaven!
3. God uses people, not a vision in the night!
4. God uses people, not visitors from outer space!
If We Don't Win Them ...