- What does it mean to be in fellowship with God?
- Salvation is first, but that isn't all; we need to walk with God to be in fellowship with Him.
Three important areas:
I. Hear God's Word.
A. We must listen to what God has to say.
B. We must open our hearts to hear Him.
C. That means we must want to hear Him.
II. Obey God's Word.
A. Just do it!
B. “But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.” (James 1:22)
C. Note the two sons. cf Mt. 21:28- 31
III. Stay in God's Word.
A. We must keep the Word in us, but how do we do that?
B. We must keep ourselves in the Word, but how do we do that?
· When we are in fellowship with God, that means that things are right between us.
· We are both together.
· It means that we must keep anything from coming between us.
· What will come between a Christian and God?
· How do we deal with it? 1 Jn. 1:9